Friday, January 21, 2011

U.S Catfish Processing Increases

US - Farm-raised catfish processed during December 2010 totaled 34.8 million pounds round weight, up three percent from December 2009. The average price paid to producers was 86.1 cents per pound for December 2010, up 2.0 cents from last month and 9.8 cents above a year ago.

National Agricultural Statistics Service.

Net pounds of processed fish sold during December 2010 totalled 16.9 million pounds, up two percent from the comparable month in 2009. Sales of fresh fish, at 6.04 million pounds, were down one percent from December 2009 and represented 36 percent of total sales. Frozen fish sales, at 10.8 million pounds, were up three percent from a year ago and accounted for the remaining 64 percent of total fish sales. Sales of whole fish represented 18 percent of the total fish sold, fillets accounted for 62 percent, and the remaining 20 percent were mostly steaks, nuggets, and value added products. The total end of the month inventory increased two percent from last month but was down 15 percent from a year ago.

The total fresh and frozen average price for December 2010 was US$2.60, up 14 cents from a year ago. The December 2010 average price received by processors for total fresh fish was US$2.52 per pound, up 13 cents from last year. Prices for fresh whole fish were US$1.71 per pound, up 14 cents from December 2009. Prices for fresh fillets were up 13 cents from a year ago at US$3.32 per pound. Total frozen fish averaged US$2.64 per pound, up 13 cents from December 2009. Prices for frozen whole dressed fish were up 12 cents at US$2.34 and frozen fillets at US$3.06 per pound were up 15 cents from a year ago. Read more...

This blog is written by Martin Little The Aquaculturists, published and supported by the International Aquafeed Magazine from Perendale Publishers.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment