The 6th Offshore Mariculture Conference will be held on 6-7 April 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.
With the ongoing need for growth in aquaculture to feed the human population, the 6th Offshore Mariculture Conference will help fish farmers and producers to grow their business, whether it be through moving from coastal to offshore/high energy sites or simply by adding value through intelligent processing and responsible, sustainable aquaculture. Knowledge sharing between regions, unexplained mortality, supply chain innovations and alternative business opportunities that can operate alongside farming, together with a round-up of some of the current research projects that will assist fish farmers to expand and improve their businesses, will all feature.
- Ernesto Penas Lado, Director: Directorate A — Policy development and coordination: DG MARE — Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
- Michael Rubino, Director, Office of Aquaculture, NOAA Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Donna Lanzetta, CEO, Manna Fish Farms: Offshore mariculture – where and why?
- José Aguilar-Manjarrez, Aquaculture Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO): Marine Investment for the Blue Economy (MARIBE)
- Frank Neumann, Kaia Kjolbø Rød, Diogo Raposo and Jon Funderud; Seaweed Energy Solutions (SES): Large-scale offshore seaweed farming: a missing link in the food & feed chain?
- Dr Constantinos Mylonas, Coordinator, Diversify Project, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research: “DIVERSIFY”: An EU project exploring the biological and socio-economic potential of new/emerging candidate species for the expansion of the European aquaculture industry
- David Campbell, Commercial Director, Albatern: Blue energy for offshore fish farm sites
- Lukas Manomaitis, Technical Consultant, U.S. Soybean Export Council (USSEC), USSEC Aquaculture Program: Southeast Asia – preparing for investment in offshore cage production
- Neil Anthony Sims, Co-Founder & CEO, Kampachi Farms: Over-the-Horizon AquacultureTM – ecological footprint, synergies and remote command-and-control technologies in deep water offshore fish pens
- Javier F Ponce, Architect and Founder, Smart Floating Farms: Smart Floating Farms may bring sustainable food to our cities
- Langley Gace, President, InnovaSea Systems: Emerging technologies in open ocean mariculture farming platforms
- Jalil Zorriehzahra (D.V.M) & Ph.D, Head of Aquatic Animal Health & Diseases Dept., Iranian Fisheries Research Organisation: Emerging fish viral diseases as a new potential threat in cage culture projects
- Noralf Rønningen, Project and Development Manager, Aqualine: Submersible cages for fish farming – for better fish welfare
- Cedric Audor, Broker Aquaculture Stocks, Guian: Aquaculture livestock Insurance
- Victor Prieto Duval, Marine Biologist, MSC Aquaculture, aquaManager Consultant, Integrated Information Systems: Aquaculture production optimisation through enhanced data analytics
- Dr Atilla Ozdemir, R&D and Overseas Investments Manager, Kilic Seafood: Mediterranean mariculture: Larger farms, big companies
Early bird delegate rate currently available - book now and save 20 percent HERE.
For further information, contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email email@example.com
Visit the Conference site HERE.
This blog is maintained by The Aquaculturists staff and is supported by the
magazine International Aquafeed which is published by Perendale Publishers Ltd
For additional daily news from aquaculture around the world: aquaculture-news