International technology Group ANDRITZ saw a favorable business development during the first quarter of 2012:
- Sales of the ANDRITZ GROUP amounted to 1,185.7 MEUR – an increase of 28.4% compared to the reference figure for the previous year (Q1 2011: 923.7 MEUR). All business areas, particularly PULP & PAPER, achieved significant increases in sales.
- Order intake amounted to 1,361.2 MEUR. Although declining by 18.3% compared to the very high figure of last year’s reference period (Q1 2011: 1,666.0 MEUR), which included a major PULP & PAPER order, the order intake nevertheless reached a favorably high level.
- The order backlog as of March 31, 2012 rose by 5.3% compared to the end of the previous year, reaching 7,034.7 MEUR (December 31, 2011: 6,683.1 MEUR).
- The EBITA in the first quarter of 2012 amounted to 72.5 MEUR, thus increasing – in line with sales – by 29.2% compared to the previous year’s reference value (Q1 2011: 56.1 MEUR). The EBITA margin (profitability), at 6.1%, remained unchanged compared to the first quarter of 2011 (6.1%).
- Net income (excluding non-controlling interests) amounted to 50.5 MEUR and was thus significantly above the reference figure for the previous year (+36.5% vs. Q1 2011: 37.0 MEUR).
- The net worth position and capital structure as of March 31, 2012 remained solid. The equity ratio amounted to 19.5% (December 31, 2011: 20.6%). The liquid funds (cash and cash equivalents plus marketable securities plus loans against borrowers’ notes) amounted to 1,730.3 MEUR (December 31, 2011: 1,814.5 MEUR). Net liquidity (liquid funds plus fair value of interest rate swaps minus financial liabilities) amounted to 1,301.4 MEUR (December 31, 2011: 1,400.6 MEUR).
President and CEO Wolfgang Leitner says, "We currently see solid project activity in all markets that ANDRITZ serves. Only in the METALS business area we expect the moderate development to continue.”
On the basis of these expectations and the very high order backlog, the ANDRITZ GROUP expects an increase in sales and net income in 2012 compared to 2011.
Media contact: Dr. Michael Buchbauer, firstname.lastname@example.org